Communications and Research Analyst (mid-level) | Silver Spring, MD
Nexight Group is searching for intelligent, thoughtful individuals who have a knack for communicating complex information. We are a small consulting firm working in a diversity of subject areas for a variety of clients in the public and private sector. This makes adaptability, critical thinking, genuine curiosity, and constant learning equally as important as skills and subject matter expertise.
In particular, this role would predominantly support a federal client where we have to conduct research and prepare a variety of analytic, clear, and compelling products to support technical subject matter experts, leaders in industry, and senior U.S. government officials who are working together to tackle complex challenges facing our nation’s critical infrastructure.
Applicants should have the necessary skills to perform the following job responsibilities:
- Research and analyze quantitative and qualitative data, develop insightful and accurate syntheses of key issues, and tackle similar tasks that require strong critical thinking and analysis of complex problems.
- Write and edit fact sheets, talking points, presentations, in-depth reports, white papers, and other documents (1 to 100 pages in length) that communicate complex scientific and technical information to a range of audiences, including non-technical readers.
- Develop thoughtful questions and conduct and summarize interviews with executives, technical and subject matter experts, and government program managers to inform insights on topics of study.
- Assist in facilitating and engaging with experts and leaders in industry, government, and academia to gather original insights on technical topics of study, discern trends, and challenges.
- Ensure technical accuracy of materials at all times while improving grammar, punctuation, readability, style, flow, and persuasiveness to achieve objectives.
- Provide input to the visual communication of complex concepts and the layouts of documents and other materials.
Summary of Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, English, journalism, or a writing-heavy social science discipline
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience
- Demonstrated ability to understand highly technical, complex information and translate it to communicate to various audiences
- Ability to conduct efficient internet-based research on complex subjects
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, that reflect strong critical thinking, analysis, and synthesis capabilities
- Ability to work well independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Strict attention to detail with minimal oversight required
- Demonstrated ability and comfort working with and communicating about qualitative data
- An entrepreneurial, “roll up your sleeves” spirit that realizes value in all tasks, large and small, likes to learn by doing, and desires continuous improvement and innovation
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to attain a Public Trust clearance
- Experience facilitating diverse groups to come to consensus or collaborate on a way forward
- Full-time professional experience in a consulting environment
- Professional experience working with social media platforms, including LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
- 10 years of full-time professional experience in a technical writing and editing
Why Nexight Group?
We believe in hiring the best people possible and creating a stimulating work environment where employees can have fun and excel professionally. We’re a small firm with a family atmosphere, and we value a work-life balance. At Nexight Group, you will not be bogged down in bureaucratic processes, but you will be challenged to perform at a high level, even outside your area of expertise, and learn about a variety of topics. Employees visibly contribute to the success of the company, and are empowered to manage their careers and encouraged to explore professional interests.
Please submit a complete resume and a cover letter that includes salary requirements and an explanation of how your skills and background fit with the position. Please include two writing samples that demonstrate your ability to synthesize technical information and present it clearly to the target audience. Work produced professionally is preferred, though academic writing samples are acceptable. Please send all information to email@example.com and reference the job title for which you are applying in the subject line of your email. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
All full-time employees of Nexight Group receive a competitive salary and attractive benefits, including medical and dental insurance, company contributions to employee health savings accounts (HSAs), company 401(k) contributions, profit sharing, and an annual bonus program.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. PRINCIPALS ONLY. VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Priority referrals of protected veterans desired. Equal Opportunity Employer.