Editorial Project Manager | Silver Spring, MD
Nexight Group is seeking an intelligent, thoughtful individual with proven experience managing the development and completion of written project deliverables with clear, concise, and scannable content tailored to target audiences. An ideal Editorial Project Manager has a knack for synthesizing information to draw meaningful conclusions; writing original and engaging content that accurately communicates complex information; editing content from multiple authors for clarity, conciseness, and accuracy; coordinating and consolidating report inputs from a variety of sources and contributors; developing and managing project schedules with teams of Nexight analysts, writers, and editors; and monitoring budgets and coordinating the execution of project deliverables.
We are a small consulting firm working in a wide mix of subject areas for a variety of clients in the public and private sectors. Adaptability, critical thinking, and genuine curiosity are all equally important.
Applicants should have the necessary skills to perform the following job responsibilities:
- Rapidly build an understanding of specialized, highly technical information in new subject areas and translate that understanding into a format that is accessible for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Write and edit concise and clear content for reports, roadmaps, presentations, fact sheets, operational guides, and training material.
- Manage a master document, integrating inputs from multiple sources and authors, editing content for clarity and accuracy based on Nexight and client style guides, and serving as the last line of defense before a document is delivered to the client.
- Produce succinct, accurate, and well-documented analyses that synthesize complex information – understanding the difference between summarizing and synthesizing information – at a level appropriate to the target audience, from executives to employees at all levels of an organization.
- Interview and communicate with subject matter experts to gather informed and original opinions on topics of study or clarify specific trends or meaning of data.
- Develop both detailed and high-level summaries of interviews, meetings, and workshops.
- Develop and track project schedules to ensure continuous progress needed to meet a known deadline.
- Research and analyze quantitative and qualitative data, analyze trends and future directions, develop insightful and accurate synthesis of key issues, and tackle similar tasks that require strong critical thinking and analysis of complex problems.
- Contribute to Nexight Group marketing efforts via the development of website content, promotional materials, and social media content.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Summary of Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, social sciences, life sciences, or related fields
- 5–7 years of professional experience
- Demonstrated ability to quickly review, comprehend, analyze, and synthesize large amounts of technical qualitative or quantitative data
- Ability to comfortably and professionally communicate with colleagues and external partners at all levels of seniority
- Demonstrated experience coordinating document development
- Ability to work well in both independent and team-based environments
- Strict attention to detail with minimal oversight required
- An entrepreneurial, “roll up your sleeves” spirit that realizes value in all tasks, large and small, likes to learn by doing, and desires continuous improvement and innovation
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Master’s degree
- More than 10 years of professional experience
- Professional experience in a consulting or other professional services environment
- Knowledge and previous use of style guides
- Experience in communicating data visually
- Experience conducting stakeholder consultations via interviews, focus groups, or facilitated workshops
- Experience facilitating diverse groups to come to consensus or collaborate on a way forward
- Ability to receive a Public Trust Clearance
Why Nexight Group?
We believe in hiring the best people possible and creating a stimulating work environment where employees can have fun and excel professionally. We’re a small firm with a family atmosphere, and we value a work-life balance. At Nexight Group, you will not be bogged down in bureaucratic processes, but you will be challenged to perform at a high level, even outside your area of expertise. Employees visibly contribute to the success of the company, and are empowered to manage their careers and encouraged to explore professional interests.
To apply, please submit a complete resume and a cover letter that includes salary requirements and an explanation of how your skills and background fit with the position. Please include two sample work products or writing samples that demonstrate your research acumen and ability to synthesize technical information and present it clearly. These samples are optional, however, applications that include writing samples will be reviewed before those without samples. Please send all information to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the job title for which you are applying in the subject line of your email. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
All full-time employees of Nexight Group receive a competitive salary and attractive benefits, including medical and dental insurance, company contributions to employee health savings accounts (HSAs), company 401(k) contributions, profit sharing, and an annual bonus program.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. PRINCIPALS ONLY. VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Priority referrals of protected veterans desired. Equal Opportunity Employer.