Measurement Analyst (entry- to mid-level) | Silver Spring, MD
Nexight Group is searching for an individual with experience measuring and analyzing the performance of federal programs, synthesizing information to draw meaningful conclusions, and writing original and engaging content that accurately communicates complex information.
We are a small consulting firm working in a wide mix of subject areas for a variety of clients in the public and private sector. The Measurement Analyst will predominantly support public sector clients in identifying useful performance measures, setting reasonable performance targets, developing data collection instruments, tracking and analyzing performance, developing dashboards, writing quarterly and annual performance reports, and conducting performance measure verification and validation assessments.
Applicants should have the necessary skills to perform the following job responsibilities:
- Rapidly build understanding of specialized, highly technical information in new subject areas and translate understanding into plain English for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Work with clients to document current measurement processes and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Work with clients to identify new or improved performance measures.
- Develop plans for effective data collection, management, and analysis.
- Perform qualitative and/or quantitative data analysis and reporting using strong critical thinking skills.
- Produce succinct, accurate, and well-documented analyses that synthesize complex information at a level appropriate to the target audience, from executives to employees at all levels of an organization.
Summary of Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, business, or related field
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience, including 1 year measuring the performance of government programs
- Demonstrated ability to quickly review, comprehend, assess for relevance, and summarize large amounts of technical information
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, that reflect strong critical thinking, analysis, and synthesis capabilities
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work well independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Strict attention to detail with minimal oversight required
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to attain a Public Trust clearance
- Master’s degree in social science, business, or related field
- Professional experience in a consulting or other professional services environment
- Experience measuring federal government programs
- Education or experience in psychometrics
- Experience communicating data visually
Why Nexight Group?
We believe in hiring the best people possible and creating a stimulating work environment where employees can have fun and excel professionally. We’re a small firm with a family atmosphere, and we value a work-life balance. At Nexight Group, you will not be bogged down in bureaucratic processes, but you will be challenged to perform at a high level, even outside your area of expertise. Employees visibly contribute to the success of the company, and are empowered to manage their careers and encouraged to explore professional interests.
To apply, please submit a complete resume and a cover letter that includes salary requirements and an explanation of how your skills and background fit with the position. Please send all information to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the job title for which you are applying in the subject line of your email. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
All full-time employees of Nexight Group receive a competitive salary and attractive benefits, including medical and dental insurance, company contributions to employee health savings accounts (HSAs), company 401(k) contributions, profit sharing, and an annual bonus program.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. PRINCIPALS ONLY. VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Priority referrals of protected veterans desired. Equal Opportunity Employer.