Program Analyst (entry- to mid-level) | Silver Spring, MD
Nexight Group is searching for intelligent, thoughtful individuals who have a knack for performing desktop research, conducting thoughtful analysis, synthesizing information to draw meaningful conclusions, and writing original and engaging content that accurately communicates complex information.
We are a small consulting firm working in a wide mix of subject areas for a variety of clients in the public and private sector. The Program Analyst will predominantly support a public sector client in measuring their progress and serving critical infrastructure partners across the nation. Adaptability, critical thinking, genuine curiosity, and constant learning are all equally important to subject matter expertise.
Applicants should have the necessary skills to perform the following job responsibilities:
- Rapidly build understanding of specialized, highly technical information in new subject areas and translate understanding into plain English for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Perform qualitative and/or quantitative data analysis and reporting using strong critical thinking skills.
- Produce succinct, accurate, and well-documented analyses that synthesize complex information at a level appropriate to the target audience, from executives to employees at all levels of an organization.
- Interview and communicate with subject matter experts to gather informed and original opinions on topics of study, clarify specific trends or meaning of data, and synthesize results of meeting and workshops.
- Work with clients to document current business processes and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Develop multifaceted research plans for effective data collection, management, and analysis.
- Assist in facilitating diverse groups of expert stakeholders to build partnerships, reach consensus decisions, and creatively solve complex problems.
- Write concise and engaging content for reports, roadmaps, presentations, fact sheets, and other outreach publications.
Summary of Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, business, engineering, or physical science
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience
- Demonstrated ability to quickly review, comprehend, assess for relevance, and summarize large amounts of technical language
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, that reflect strong critical thinking, analysis, and synthesis capabilities
- Ability to work well independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Strict attention to detail with minimal oversight required
- An entrepreneurial, “roll up your sleeves” spirit that realizes value in all tasks, large and small, likes to learn by doing, and desires continuous improvement and innovation
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to attain a Public Trust clearance
- Professional experience in a consulting or other professional services environment
- Experience in communicating data visually
- Experience conducting stakeholder consultations via interviews, focus groups, or facilitated workshops
- Experience in working with or supporting local, state, or federal government programs
Why Nexight Group?
We believe in hiring the best people possible and creating a stimulating work environment where employees can have fun and excel professionally. We’re a small firm with a family atmosphere, and we value a work-life balance. At Nexight Group, you will not be bogged down in bureaucratic processes, but you will be challenged to perform at a high level, even outside your area of expertise. Employees visibly contribute to the success of the company, and are empowered to manage their careers and encouraged to explore professional interests.
To apply, please submit a complete resume and a cover letter that includes salary requirements and an explanation of how your skills and background fit with the position. Please send all information to email@example.com and reference the job title for which you are applying in the subject line of your email. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
All full-time employees of Nexight Group receive a competitive salary and attractive benefits, including medical and dental insurance, company contributions to employee health savings accounts (HSAs), company 401(k) contributions, profit sharing, and an annual bonus program.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. PRINCIPALS ONLY. VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Priority referrals of protected veterans desired. Equal Opportunity Employer.