Research Analyst | Silver Spring, MD
Nexight Group is seeking intelligent, thoughtful individuals who have a knack for performing desktop research, conducting thoughtful analysis, synthesizing information to draw meaningful conclusions, and writing original and engaging content that accurately communicates complex information.
We are a small consulting firm working in a wide mix of subject areas for a variety of clients in the public and private sectors. Adaptability, critical thinking, and genuine curiosity are all equally important.
Applicants should have the necessary skills to perform the following job responsibilities:
- Research and analyze quantitative and qualitative data, analyze trends and future directions, develop insightful and accurate synthesis of key issues, and tackle similar tasks that require strong critical thinking and analysis of complex problems.
- Produce succinct, accurate, and well-documented analyses that synthesize complex information – understanding the difference between summarizing and synthesizing information – at a level appropriate to the target audience, from executives to employees at all levels of an organization.
- Participate in and support face-to-face meetings with middle- or higher-level managers and executives.
- Rapidly build an understanding of specialized, highly technical information in new subject areas and translate that understanding into a format that is accessible for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Develop multifaceted research plans for effective data collection, management, and analyses.
- Write concise and clear content for reports, roadmaps, presentations, fact sheets, operational guides, and training material.
- Develop both detailed and high-level summaries of interviews, meetings, and workshops.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Summary of Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, business, engineering, or physical science
- At least two years of professional experience
- Demonstrated ability to quickly review, comprehend, analyze, and synthesize, large amounts of technical qualitative or quantitative data
- Ability to comfortably and professionally communicate with middle- or higher-level managers or leaders.
- Ability to work well in both independent and team-based environments
- Strict attention to detail with minimal oversight required
- An entrepreneurial, “roll up your sleeves” spirit that realizes value in all tasks, large and small, likes to learn by doing, and desires continuous improvement and innovation
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel including the use of functionality such as compound formulas, VLOOKUP, index matching, slicers, if statements, linking across worksheets, pivot tables, and chart creation. Strong proficiency in other Microsoft Office programs, including Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to attain a Public Trust or higher-level clearance
- Professional experience in a consulting or other professional services environment
- Experience in communicating data visually, particularly using Tableau
- Familiarity with measuring, tracking or monitoring, and reporting performance information for an organization
Why Nexight Group?
We believe in hiring the best people possible and creating a stimulating work environment where employees can have fun and excel professionally. We’re a small firm with a family atmosphere, and we value a work-life balance. At Nexight Group, you will not be bogged down in bureaucratic processes, but you will be challenged to perform at a high level, even outside your area of expertise. Employees visibly contribute to the success of the company, and are empowered to manage their careers and encouraged to explore professional interests.
To apply, please submit a complete resume and a cover letter that includes salary requirements and an explanation of how your skills and background fit with the position. Please send all information to email@example.com and reference the job title for which you are applying in the subject line of your email. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
All full-time employees of Nexight Group receive a competitive salary and attractive benefits, including medical and dental insurance, company contributions to employee health savings accounts (HSAs), company 401(k) contributions, profit sharing, and an annual bonus program.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. PRINCIPALS ONLY. VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Priority referrals of protected veterans desired. Equal Opportunity Employer.