Technical Program Manager – Health and Medicine | Silver Spring, MD
We are seeking a Technical Program Manager with a background in health and medicine to support a variety of current and future work in this field. An ideal candidate will be knowledgeable about current hot topics in the field, including regenerative medicine, tissue engineering, biopharmaceuticals, and interdisciplinary approaches for advancing health science and technology. In addition, they will bring experience in successfully managing programs, initiatives, and people to deliver against identified goals.
Nexight supports a wide mix of subject areas for a variety of clients in the public and private sectors. Adaptability, critical thinking, and genuine curiosity are all equally important to subject matter expertise.
Applicants should have the necessary skills to perform the following job responsibilities:
- Provide technical contributions and conduct and/or manage technical project tasks, including but not limited to the follow tasks:
- Conduct strategic reviews of technical health/medical areas, analysis of trends and future directions, quantitative analysis of relevant data, and many other tasks
- Interact confidently as a peer with experts and leaders in industry, government, and academia to gather views on topics in health and medicine being studied by Nexight
- Effectively synthesize desktop research, expert viewpoints, and own expertise into clear strategies, recommendations, and future directions
- Conduct interviews and facilitate focus groups of subject matter experts to gather informed and original opinions on topics of study or to clarify meaning of data
- Serve as the single point of accountability in successfully delivering services and products to Nexight clients, including but not limited to the following tasks:
- Develop, monitor, and manage project schedules and risks to ensure on-time completion of projects and milestones
- Manage and support implementation of project activities by either Nexight staff or partners
- Assume ultimate responsibility for the quality, accuracy, and completeness of project deliverables
- Develop and manage project budgets to ensure on-budget project completion
- Manage and grow client relationships, often in collaboration with Nexight leadership
- Produce succinct, accurate, and well-documented analyses that synthesize complex information at a level and through methods appropriate to the target audience, from executives to employees at all levels of an organization.
- Rapidly build an understanding of specialized, highly technical information in new subject areas and translate that understanding into a format that is accessible for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Write concise and clear content for reports, roadmaps, presentations, fact sheets, operational guides, and training material.
- Prepare for and participate in, facilitate, and support face-to-face meetings with middle- or higher-level managers and executives.
- Work closely with Nexight management and staff to identify and pursue opportunities for new consulting work in health/medicine.
- Support Nexight staff in their understanding and effective utilization of technical concepts and terminology.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Summary of Qualifications
- Master’s degree in biological science, health, or related discipline
- 7 years or more of full-time professional experience, preferably in a research laboratory, clinical application, or technical consulting environment
- 5 years or more of professional experience managing programs, including overall responsibility for project quality, schedule, and budget
- Highly effective communications with both technical and non-technical coworkers in written and spoken forms
- Ability to work well in both independent and team-based environments
- Strict attention to detail with minimal oversight required
- An entrepreneurial, “roll up your sleeves” spirit that realizes value in all tasks, large and small, likes to learn by doing, and desires continuous improvement and innovation
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- MD/PhD or related health or medical degree
- More than 10 years of professional experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Experience supervising junior technical staff
- Established track record of success in winning competitively awarded grants or contracts
- Experience managing virtual teams comprising of colleagues and collaborators who are not co-located
- Experience conducting stakeholder consultations via interviews, focus groups, or facilitated workshops
- Experience facilitating diverse groups to come to consensus or collaborate on a way forward
Why Nexight Group?
We believe in hiring the best people possible and creating a stimulating work environment where employees can have fun and excel professionally. We’re a small firm with a family atmosphere, and we value a work-life balance. At Nexight Group, you will not be bogged down in bureaucratic processes, but you will be challenged to perform at a high level, even outside your area of expertise. Employees visibly contribute to the success of the company, and are empowered to manage their careers and encouraged to explore professional interests.
To apply, please submit a complete resume and a cover letter that includes salary requirements and an explanation of how your skills and background fit with the position. Please send all information to email@example.com and reference the job title for which you are applying in the subject line of your email. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
All full-time employees of Nexight Group receive a competitive salary and attractive benefits, including medical and dental insurance, company contributions to employee health savings accounts (HSAs), company 401(k) contributions, profit sharing, and an annual bonus program.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. PRINCIPALS ONLY. VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Priority referrals of protected veterans desired. Equal Opportunity Employer.