Nexight Group is seeking an experienced, motivated, and versatile Director – Strategy and Technology Roadmapping to join our team. In this role, you will play a pivotal part in supporting and leading Nexight’s ongoing strategic planning, technology roadmapping, and R&D program management projects; fostering client relationships; and driving improvements in our work for clients. If you are passionate about driving decarbonization of the U.S. economy, advancing the manufacturing sector, and protecting critical infrastructure from all hazards, we want to hear from you. We are especially seeking candidates who do their best work by engaging with colleagues and external collaborators as peers, facilitators, and dot-connectors.
Nexight Group is a small technical and management consulting firm that serves a variety of clients in many topic areas. Adaptability, critical thinking, genuine curiosity, and taking pride in hard work are all equally important to skills and subject matter expertise. To learn more about the company please visit our careers page.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Applicants should have the necessary skills to perform the following job responsibilities:
- Rapidly applies expertise in strategic planning, technology roadmapping, and related planning processes and use it to build effective plans for R&D programs and partnerships
- Collaborates closely with team members to complete project tasks in support of ongoing planning initiatives
- Assists in engaging with subject matter experts from diverse backgrounds, including through interviews, meetings, and workshops, to gather informed and original opinions, clarify specific trends, reach consensus decisions, and creatively solve complex problems
- Evaluates client needs through assessments and data analysis. Provides well-informed recommendations and solutions tailored to specific requirements
- Develops and maintains positive and constructive relationships with clients. Understand their needs and preferences and provide exceptional service
- Manages and motivates teams of consultants with diverse background to deliver exceptional client outcomes
- Assists in writing proposals, technical reports, and presentations that effectively communicate research findings, project progress, and recommendations to both internal and external stakeholders
- Thrives in a challenging and exciting, deadline-oriented environment while successfully managing multiple, simultaneous workstreams
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Nexight’s offices are in Silver Spring, MD. The position is open to in-person, remote, or hybrid candidates. Candidates must be willing to travel to the Washington, D.C. area occasionally to support clients. Applicants should expect to travel to Nexight’s offices at least once per quarter.
This is a primarily sedentary position in an environmentally controlled office setting, although moving between work areas may be required. Manipulating a computer keyboard or mouse and operating standard office equipment is typically required for this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Summary of Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering, or related discipline
- At least 15 years of professional experience working in technical and/or management roles pertaining to the research, development, demonstration, and deployment of new technologies
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, technology roadmapping, or similar planning activities
- Demonstrated experience in managing and motivating diverse teams of project collaborators, including technical and non-technical colleagues
- Demonstrated experience with external stakeholder engagement via interviews, surveys, focus groups, facilitated workshops, or other means
- Demonstrated results in business development roles, including leading complex proposals to federal agencies. Experience driving diverse groups of stakeholders towards consensus on complex topics
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, that reflect strong critical thinking, analysis, and synthesis capabilities.
- Ability to work well independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Strict attention to detail with minimal oversight required
- An entrepreneurial, “roll up your sleeves” spirit that realizes value in all tasks, large and small, likes to learn by doing, and desires continuous improvement and innovation
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Master’s degree in science, engineering, business, public policy, or related discipline
- Previous professional experience with public-private partnerships focused on technology innovation
- Experience with direct supervision of staff, including both technical and non-technical roles
- Previous experience supporting a federal government client or working for the federal government
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. A reasonable estimate of the starting salary range is $100,00 to $165,000 or commensurate with experience.
All full-time employees of Nexight Group receive a competitive salary and attractive benefits, including medical, dental, and vison insurance, paid parental leave, company contributions to employee health savings accounts (HSAs), company 401(k) contributions, profit sharing, and an annual bonus program.
Please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A cover letter that articulates your qualifications, uses examples that demonstrate your relevant skills and background, and details your motivation for this position.
Failure to submit a resume and cover letter will result in your application not being considered. If you require reasonable accommodations to complete a job application, pre-employment testing, or a job interview or to otherwise participate in the hiring process, please contact us at email@example.com.