Nexight Group is seeking an experienced, motivated, and versatile Measurement Consultant to join our team. In this role you will play a pivotal part in supporting and leading Nexight’s ongoing measurement projects, fostering client relationships, and driving improvement in our work for clients. If you are passionate about improving the measurement of our nation’s science, energy, and homeland security missions, we want to hear from you.
Nexight Group is a small technical and management consulting firm that serves a variety of clients in many topic areas. Adaptability, critical thinking, genuine curiosity, and taking pride in hard work are all equally important to skills and subject matter expertise. To learn more about the company please visit our careers page.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Applicants should have the necessary skills to perform the following job responsibilities:
- Develop logic models that accurately convey program design
- Use logic models and other means to identify potential performance measures
- Design performance measures to ensure they reflect the desired constructs
- Work with clients to document current measurement processes and identify opportunities for improvement
- Apply measurement expertise to assess the quality of existing performance measures and data collection procedures and develops recommendations for improving them
- Develop measurement guidance materials to improve audience understanding of measurement concepts and techniques
- Perform qualitative and/or quantitative data analysis and reporting using strong critical thinking skills
- Facilitate small group discussions to elicit information about matters important to clients
- Develop and maintain positive and constructive relationships with clients; understands their needs and preferences and provides exceptional service
- Assist in writing proposals, technical reports, and presentations that effectively communicate research findings, project progress, and recommendations to both internal and external stakeholders
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Nexight’s offices are in Silver Spring, MD. The position is open to in-person, remote, or hybrid candidates. Candidates must be willing to travel to the Washington, D.C. area occasionally to support clients. Applicants should expect to travel to Nexight’s offices at least once per quarter.
This is a primarily sedentary position in an environmentally controlled office setting, although moving between work areas may be required. Manipulating a computer keyboard or mouse and operating standard office equipment is typically required for this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Summary of Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, business, or related field
- At least 7 years of professional experience, including 3 years in technical or management roles pertaining to measuring the performance of government programs
- Knowledge of federal performance measurement requirements
- Demonstrated experience developing programmatic or organizational performance measures
- Demonstrated experience in developing or refining data collection procedures for performance measures
- Demonstrated ability to quickly review, comprehend, assess for relevance, and summarize large amounts of technical language
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, that reflect strong critical thinking, analysis, and synthesis capabilities
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work well independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Strict attention to detail with minimal oversight required
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to attain a Public Trust clearance
- Master’s degree in social science, business, or related field
- At least 10 years professional experience, including 5 years in technical or management roles pertaining to measuring the performance of government programs
- Professional experience in a consulting or other professional services environment
- Education or experience in psychometrics
- Experience verifying and validating performance measurement data
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $75,000 to $100,000.
All full-time employees of Nexight Group receive a competitive salary and attractive benefits, including medical, dental, and vison insurance; paid parental leave; company contributions to employee health savings accounts (HSAs); company 401(k) contributions; profit sharing; and an annual bonus program.
Please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A cover letter that articulates your qualifications, uses examples that demonstrate your relevant skills and background, and details your motivation for this position.
Failure to submit a resume and cover letter will result in your application not being considered. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete a job application, pre-employment testing, or a job interview or to otherwise participate in the hiring process, please contact us at email@example.com.