For the eighth year in a row, Nexight’s technical communications products have won awards from the Washington, DC-Baltimore Chapter of the Society for Technical Communication (STC) annual competition.
We’re proud to have our products recognized by the STC jury, who evaluate materials from across the region on factors such as organization, clarity and tone, document design, and ability to effectively communicate to the intended audience. We received five awards; some of our award winners include the following:
- From Innovation to Practice: Re-Designing Energy Delivery Systems to Survive Cyber Attacks, Award of Excellence – This report highlights 35 Cybersecurity for Energy Delivery Systems (CEDS) products that have been successfully transitioned to the energy sector and are now available for energy companies, vendors, and researchers to use. Also featured are another 12 products that are soon emerging from CEDS research and development after successful demonstrations with industry partners. It is a key tool for outreach to the energy industry, as well as DOE leadership, Congress, and taxpayers.
- The Regenerative Medicine Standards Landscape, Award of Excellence – Published in February 2018, this report provides a preliminary snapshot of the current landscape for regenerative medicine standards and details nearly 200 existing standards relevant to the cell therapy, gene therapy, and tissue engineering sectors of regenerative medicine, providing an easy reference for those who may not be aware of the standards available or under development.
- REMADE Institute Technology Roadmap 2018, Award of Merit – The REMADE Institute Technology Roadmap outlines specific activities focused on increasing the recovery, reuse, remanufacturing, and recycling (collectively referred to as Re-X) of metals, fibers, polymers, and electronic waste (e-waste) in support of REMADE’s mission. The roadmap is currently being used to inform REMADE Institute projects through a public call for research and development proposals and seeks to encourage the commitment of additional industry investments.
For the full list of products, visit the STC website.
Effective technical communications are essential not only to capturing the output of our work at Nexight, but also to driving audiences to take real action. Using targeted messaging and compelling design, our award-winning materials serve as tools that engage stakeholders in implementing solutions. Check out some of our previous STC award-winning materials and let us know how we can help you better communicate with your audiences:
- Clean Energy Smart Manufacturing Innovation Institute (CESMII) Roadmap: 2017–2018 (2017)
- Institute for Advanced Composites Manufacturing Innovation: Technology Roadmap Phase 2 (2017)
- NIAC Securing Cyber Assets: Addressing Urgent Cyber Threats to Critical Infrastructure (2017)
- Smart Grid Investment Grant Program Final Report (2017)
- Sound & Sensible Program Infographic (2016)
- PERC Energy POD Dashboard (2016)
- Advancing Thermal Manufacturing: A Technology Roadmap to 2020 (2016)
- Plastics and Polymer Composites Technology Roadmap for Automotive Markets (2015)
- How to Put a Price on Power Loss (2015)
- A Comparative Analysis of Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Propane and Competing Energy Options (2015)
- Cooking for Life: Roadmap to a Billion (2015)
- ASME Advanced Manufacturing Environmental Scan (2014)
- TMS Integrated Computational Materials Engineering (ICME) Implementation Study Report (2014)
- E4C Analysis of Available Platforms and Methods Infographic (2014)
- TMS Innovation Impact Report (2013)
- Municipal Wastewater Reuse by Electric Utilities: Best Practices and Future Directions (2013)
- Electric Power Industry Needs for Grid-Scale Storage Applications (2012)
- Initiative to Address Complex Systems Failure: Prevention and Mitigation of Consequences (2012)
- Remote Tank Level Monitoring System Executive Summary (2012)
- Securing Tomorrow’s Grid (Part 1 and Part 2) (2012)